America is truly a nation on the move. An incredible variety of vehicles criss cross our nation's roads, railways and airspace on a daily basis: trucks, vans, buses, cars, SUV's, pickups, motorcycles, scooters, bicycles, recreational vehicles, freight and passenger trains, and private and commercial aircraft. Unfortunately, all of this movement can sometimes lead to serious injuries for even the most cautious of drivers, passengers and pedestrians. At the Scanlan Law group, we have been helping the victims of transportation injuries to recover damages for more than 25 years, and we know what it takes to bring a transportation case to a successful conclusion.
Types of transportation-related accidents and injuries:
- Drivers of huge, over-the-road trucks are pressured by their companies to drive up to 100 hours a week, often in violation of state and federal trucking regulations, resulting in drowsy and dangerous drivers and sometimes horrific accidents.
- Poorly designed (and poorly driven) SUV's can roll over and cause much more harm than regular passenger vehicles.
- Hazardous railroad crossings regularly give rise to tragic train-car collisions throughout the country.
- The decaying interstate highway system and resulting construction-related congestion result in thousands of serious crashes every year.
- A virtual epidemic of drivers operating their vehicles under the influence of alcohol and other drugs not only give rise to criminal cases for the perpetrators but also to injury and wrongful death lawsuits for victims and their families.
- Defective tires, airbags and other automobile-related defects injure and kill thousands each year.
- Aircraft and aviation-related injuries and fatalities, although fortunately not common, cause catastrophic losses for passengers, pilots and crew members.
The Scanlan Law Group is the right choice
Transportation-related injuries typically generate complex and expensive litigation, requiring extensive expert testimony, time-consuming discovery of defendants' paper records and electronic data, and sophisticated navigation of the maze of federal, state and local transportation laws and regulations that often control the result in a major transportation case.
Accordingly, when an automobile manufacturer, airline or railroad company hurts you or your family, you need sophisticated, experienced and aggressive counsel to represent you. We have handled dozens of major transportation cases in courts throughout the U.S., and our extensive experience in these cases gives us an edge over law firms that don't have a focus in this area. For example, in trucking accident cases, many trucking companies outfit their trucks with global positioning satellite (GPS) receivers that allow them to track their drivers' speed in great detail. As a result of our extensive experience in these cases, we have learned how to obtain this data, interpret it, and use it with maximum effect against defendants in crash cases when they attempt to argue that their drivers were not exceeding the speed limit at the time of the accident.
Our experience has also brought us into contact with some of the nation's leading transportation experts-truck industry, vehicle design, and computer data experts. These experts regularly assist us and our clients (both in a consulting and testifying capacity) on a wide range of highly technical issues: "black box" data analysis; air bag inflation cases; vehicle design and safety issues; and cases turning on the feasibility of vehicle alarms and other warning devices. The assistance of these experts is almost always crucial to the success of a transportation case, so our extensive network of connections with the country's top experts will serve you well in your transportation case.